Thursday, March 22, 2012

[UPDATE] Jang Keun Suk Says He’s Happiest When He’s an Actor


Jang Keun Suk Says He’s Happiest When He’s an Actor

Jang Keun Suk, lead of the KBS2 drama Love Rain, revealed his own thoughts about the relationship between his role and his hallyu star status.

The press conference for Love Rain took place on March 22 in Seoul. Director Yoon Suk Ho, Jang Keun Suk, Yoona, Lee Mi Sook, Jung Jin Young, Kim Si Hoo, Kim Young Gwang, Son Eun Seo, Hwang Bo Ra and Seo In Guk appeared to share their thoughts on the drama.

In the press roundtable that followed, Jang Keun Suk was asked whether he wasn’t worried that his strong individuality would drown out his character, and he answered, “I believe that’s a problem I have to solve. I actually had a lot of chances to be active as a star or a singer since I hadn’t turned 20 yet, but I was happiest when I was active as an actor.”

Jang Keun Suk takes on the role of the artist Seo In Ha of the 70s and the photographer Seo Joon of 2012, and partners up with Yoona. Seo In Ha of the 70s will be a pure guy, while Seo Joon of 2012 will be a playboy.

Some, however, showed their concern on whether his strong hallyu star image wouldn’t drown out his roles’ characters.

Jang Keun Suk said, “It’s my problem. I need to work hard so that I can approach [my viewers] as my character. I thought about it for months after I agreed to take on the role, because most of my previous roles had strong, cartoon-like personalities. I started to become more laid back when I thought that taking on a drama like Love Rain would help me mature.”

“I thought that the drama could look too light because there are so many young actors. I was reassured when seniors that I could trust and follow came in after we returned to the present view. It’ll be a great piece,” he added.

Love Rain will be about youths from the analogue 70s and the digital 2012. The drama will air its first episode on March 26.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan+enewsworld
 

Shared from Crazy Eels of Jang Keun Suk/fb

No comments:

Post a Comment